Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

2012-05-16

Letters | XI– Class English Notes



Letters 

1. Letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your views on frequent power breakdown in the city.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
The Editor,
The Daily DAWN,
Karachi.
Dear Sir,
I wish to draw the attention of the concerned authorities, through the columns of your esteemed newspaper, towards an extremely vital and tormenting problems of the city.
For the last several months, the people of Karachi, in spite of paying all types of taxes and utility bills, are encountering problems due to frequent power failures. Frequent breakdowns have become a headache for the residents particularly for students who have to prepare for their examinations. I regret to point out that it seems as if there is nobody to take care of the citizens and solve their problems. The authorities have not paid any attention or given a positive response to the repeated requests of the residents of Karachi. The situation has now reached at an alarming stage, which may result in the form of protests and caustic damages of the government buildings.
The concerned authorities are therefore requested to look into this matter without further delay and take suitable steps to solve the problem.
Thanking you for your cooperation.
Yours truly,
X. Y. Z
A Citizen of Karachi.

2. Letter to the Health Officer complaining of the unsanitary conditions in your locality.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
The Health Officer,
District East,
Karachi.
Dear Sir,
I wish to draw your attention towards an extremely vital and tormenting problems of our locality.
For a long time, the people of our neighborhood, in spite of paying all types of taxes and utility bills, are encountering problems caused by the unsanitary conditions. Unclean and dirty lanes with overflowing drains are causing great trouble and tension among the residents. I regret to point out as if there is if there is nobody to take care of the citizens and solve their problems. We have been facing the torture of messy conditions and improper drainage system and the authorities pay no heed to our complaints.
The situation has now reached at an alarming stage, which may result in the form of protests and caustic damages of the government buildings. I hope you would look into this matter without further delay and take suitable steps to solve the problems.
Yours truly,
X. Y. Z
Resident of P. Q. R. Area,
Karachi.

3. Letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your views on water shortage in your area.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
The Editor,
The Daily DAWN,
Karachi.
Dear Sir,
I wish to draw the attention of the concerned authorities, through the columns of your esteemed newspaper, towards an extremely vital and tormenting problems of our neighborhood.
For the last several months, the people of this residency, in spite of paying all types of taxes and utility bills, are encountering problems due to water shortage. Most of the time, pressure of the water is low and it takes quite a lot of time to fill a bucket. We are facing the torture of hot summer without proper water supply. I regret to point out that it seems as if there is nobody to take care of the citizens and solve their problems. The authorities have not paid any attention or given a positive response to the repeated requests of the residents. The situation has now reached at an alarming stage, which may result in the form of protests and caustic damages of the government buildings.
The concerned authorities are therefore requested to look into this matter without further delay and take suitable steps to solve the problem.
Thanking you for your cooperation.
Yours truly,
X. Y. Z
Resident of P. Q. R. Area,
Karachi

4. A letter to the editor of a newspaper making an appeal to the readers to help the victims of flood.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
The Editor,
The Daily DAWN,
Karachi.
Dear Sir,
The recent floods have rendered thousands of people homeless. They have lost all they had. Most of them had no other source of income except the land they cultivated. They are now lying in camps in a miserable condition. They have no place to go and no means of livelihood.
Through the columns of you esteemed paper, I request the readers to contribute as much as they can towards the Relief Fund started by the Government. We must thank God that we are safe. So we should be helpful to them. If we do not help them in their misery, who would? Every one of us should send at least a day’s income to the Relief Fund. Let them not think for a moment that they are being neglected in their hour of need. They are brethren and let as give the proof of our brotherhood by helping them. It is passing phase and they will look after themselves when rehabilitated.
Thanking you for your cooperation.
Yours truly,
X. Y. Z
Resident of P. Q. R. Area,
Karachi

5. A letter to a leading newspaper, about the problem of beggary in your town.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
The Editor,
The Daily DAWN,
Karachi.
Dear Sir,
Through the columns of your esteemed paper, I want to invite the attention of the district authorities to the problem of beggary in our town. Recently, the number of beggars in our town has increased manifold you. They pursue you like a shadow. Even hale and hearty people have taken to begging. Small boys and children have caught the infection. Perhaps they are made to beg by their guardians.
The beggars gather at places frequented by the people. The bus stands, market places, post offices, railway station and mosques are their favourite haunts. It is impossible to move about these places peacefully. If you sho generosity and open you purse, you are surrounded by a host of them.
Some child-lifters, in the guise of beggars, are on the look out for abducting children. Two or three cases of this kind have occurred recently, and the culprits have been caught red-handed.
The female beggars enter the houses quietly without calling out for alms at the door. If they are not noticed by the inmates, they run away with whatever they can lay hands on. They act as informers to the burglars who break into houses at night.
A prompt action on the part of Government is required to check this social evil.
Yours truly,
X. Y. Z
Resident of P. Q. R. Area,
Karachi

6. Letter to a friend requesting him/her for a loan of Rs.500 which will be returned a your earliest.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
My Dear Friend,
Hope this letter finds you in the best of health and satisfaction. As you know that we have been living in Karachi only for the last four years. We do not have many relatives or friends in the city. You are the only friend nearest to our city, so you were the first I thought of. The problem I am facing is that my parents have gone to Islamabad, being notified about my grand father’s death and the last date for the submission of examination forms is near. We have to pay an amount of Rs. 330 along with the admission forms. I would be very thankful to you if you could deliver me a sum of Rs. 500 by money order, which would be returned at my earliest.
Pay regards to your parents and love to you brothers. Please try to respond as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely,
X. Y. Z

7. A letter to your father, requesting an increase in you monthly allowance.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
My Dear Father,
I hope you are fine. I am also fine here. I would like to inform you that my exams have just ended and you will be glad to know that I have done all the papers to my satisfaction. I hope to get good marks.
For the last few months I have been finding it difficult to meet my expenses out of the amount you send me very month. After paying my tuition fee and hostel dues, I am left hardly with any money. I have to cut down my expenses on necessary things.
I have borne this hardship, but now I feel that I can bear it no longer. I, therefore, request an increase of sixty 200 rupees in my monthly allowance.
Pay regards to Mother and love to youngsters. Please try to respond as soon as possible.
Your affectionate son,
X. Y. Z

8. Letter to a friend, inviting him to join you on a visit to a hill station.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
My Dear Friend,
Hope this letter finds you in the best of health and satisfaction. Perhaps you remember your promise of accompanying me to Murree in the summer vacation. I am sending this letter to remind you of the same.
Our college is closing on the 15th of this month. We may start our journey soon after that. I leave it entirely to you to fix the date and time of our departure. To me, any date and time will be most welcome.
You can well imagine the pleasure and enjoyment we will have in the cool and health-giving climate of Murree. It will be a pleasant change for you from the sweltering heat of Multan to the refreshing atmosphere of Murree. You need not bother about accommodation. My maternal uncle owns a large house there. We can put up with him for as long as we wish.
Pay regards to your parents and love to you brothers. I am waiting for your reply anxiously. Please try to respond as soon as possible. The whole program depends on your letter.
Yours sincerely,
X. Y. Z

9. A letter to your friend, inviting him to attend the marriage ceremony of your elder brother.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
My Dear Friend,
Hope this letter finds you in the best of health and satisfaction. As you know about the proposed marriage of my elder brother. The date has now been fixed. It is the 28th of this month. It iss expected that a large number of friends and relatives will participate in the ceremony. It will indeed be a memorable occasion for all of us.
I should hope that you will join us a couple of days before the marriage day. You will find many of our old friends here, and we shall have a good time. I am not sending you any formal invitation, because I think we are above all formalities.
Pay regards to your parents and love to you brothers. Please try to participate in the ceremony.
Yours sincerely,
X. Y. Z

10. A letter of condolence to your friend on the death of his mother.
Examination Hall,
A.B.C Road,
Karachi
9th February 2000
My Dear Friend,
I am much grieved to learn from your letter about the sad demise of your dear mother. May her soul rest in eternal peace! It is indeed an irreparable loss. You have suffered much at so tender an age. But none can avert the decree of Fate. Therefore, my dear friend, have patience and learn to bear quietly your misfortunes.
How bitterly you father must be grieving over the loss! I pay to the Almighty that he may give all of you the strength and patience to bear the loss. I deeply condole with you upon this loss and bereavement.
Kindly convey my deepest sympathies to your father and other members of your family. I shall come to see you in a day or two.
Yours sincerely,
X. Y. Z

Socializer Widget By Funny And Amazing
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments :

Post a Comment