Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

2012-05-16

Grammar | XI– Class English Notes



Grammar 

Articles
1. ______ apple ______ day keeps ______ doctor away. (An, a, the)
2. He has gone to ______ hospital for ______ operation. (The, an)
3. He is ______ honorable man. (An)
4. ______ bird can fly very high in ______ sky.(a, the)
5. Space travel has now become ______ reality.(a)
6. John is ______ only student who didn’t pass ______ test.(The,the)
7. I plan to buy ______ expensive camera.(An)
8. He will leave after ______ day or two.(A)
9. ______ old gardener is watering ______ plants.(An,the)
10. He is always helpful to ______ people.(The)
11. I want ______ glass of milk.(A)
12. Ahmed is ______ tallest boy of the class.(The)
13. There is ______ fly in ______ ointment.(A,the)
14. She is ______ honorable woman.(An)
15. For ______ first time on a trip, we had ______ difference of opinion as to how ______ best, this should be done for ______ better result.(The, the, the)
16. At ______ little distance from ______ college, there is ______ old building in which ______ honest and hardworking man lives on ______ top floor.(A, the,an,an,the)
17. He is ______ very brilliant boy.(A)
18. They are ______ best out of the whole lot.(The)
19. There is ______ shop round the corner.(A)
20. I must have ______ extra key for the front door.(An)
21. He broke ______ leg in the skiing accident. It’s still in the plaster.(A)
22. Quaid-e-Azam was ______ honourable man.(An)
23. ______ independence of United States of America dates from ______ 4th of July, 1776.(The,the)
24. ___the___ sun went down below the horizon.(The)
25. ______ stitch in time saves time.(A)
26. ______man is mortal.(The)
27. Honesty is ______ best policy.(The)
28. I saw Ahmed in ______ hotel. I saw him ______ hour ago.(A,an)
29. The more you work, ______ better will your result.(The
30. They received ______ telegram in the after noon.(A)
31. He worked hard, as he had ______ object to work for.(An)
32. You should eat ______ apple ______ day.(An,a)
33. My hen laid ______ egg Yesterday.(An)
34. ______ few of then manged to touch ______ shore.(A,the)
35. ______ indus has flooded ______ village.(The,a)
36. ______ apple has ______ sweet taste.(An,a)
37. the knife is made of ______ metal.(A)
38. He is ______ M.A in English.(An)
39. Iron is ______ metal.(A)
40. A red and ______ white cow are grazing in the field.(A)
41. ______ sky was dark and it seemed that ______ storm was coming.(The,a)
42. I need ______ umbrella.(An)
43. ______ Ravi is not ______ longest river in Pakistan.(The,the)
44. ______ dust man comes only a week.(The)
45. Karachi is ______ biggest city in Pakistan.(The)
46. ______ Quran is a holy book.(The)
47. ______ Jhelum is a big river.(The)
48. Man is ______ mortal being.(A)
49. The lady was clad in ______ black bruqa.(A)
50. The lion is ______ noble beast.(A)
51. We started late in ______ afternoon.(The)
52. ______ Indus is a great river.(The)
53. Quran is sacred book of ______ Muslims.(The)
54. ______ horse is a useful animal.(The)
55. ______ luggage is on ______ platform.(The,the)
56. He showed ______ courage worthy of ______ old man.(A,an)
57. I cannot forget ______ kindness with which he treated me.(The)
58. I went to ______ hospital to see my uncle.(The)
59. Copper is ______ useful metal.(A)
60. I have ______ black and ______ white dog.(A,a)
61. ______ more I think about the idea ______ less like it.(The,the)
62. I should like ______ house in ______ country.(A,the)
63. ______ rich are happy.(The)
64. Which is ______ longest river in Pakistan?(The)
65. I hae been ill for ______ last two days.(The)
66. ______ honest man is ______ noblest work of God.(An,the)

Prepositions
1. I come to the university ______ bus.(By)
2. He is afraid ______ snakes.(of)
3. The author beings ______ asking four questions.(By)
4. All science beings ______ the knowledge of our ignorance.(With)
5. I complimented him ______ his success.(on)
6. Send this letter ______ this address.(To)
7. He managed to get a seat ______ the bus.(In)
8. He does not devote much time ______ his studies.(To)
9. He is an authority ______ Malaysian history.(on)
10. She had a good reason ______ being angry.(For)
11. I have very little faith ______ his judgement.(In)
12. Do not laugh ______ the old man.(At)
13. He comes ______ a noble family.(of)
14. He did not agree ______ me.(With)
15. I was angry ______ his behaviour.(At)
16. His views are not clear ______ me.(To)
17. She is kind ______ me.(To)
18. My brother is angry ______ me.(With)
19. She felt great joy ______ her success.(In)
20. She is good ______ English.(In)
21. Put ______ the lights.(out)
22. I am pleased ______ your achievement.(With)
23. The man is blind ______ one eye.(With)
24. My sister stays ______ home.(At)
25. Take care ______ your health.(Of)
26. Write ______ the margin of your book.(In)
27. His office is adjacent ______ the mosque.(To)
28. She is very proficient ______ English.(In)
29. I am not ashamed ______ anything I have done.(Of)
30. She has always felt inferior ______ her sister.(To)
31. He is frequently absent ______ school.(From)
32. He is ______ the height of his career.(At)
33. The poor beggar was crushed ______ a car.(By)
34. What the chances ______ your success in the examination?(Of)
35. I got eighty marks ______ of hundred.(Out)
36. What is the table made ______?(Of)
37. They are laughing ______ him.(At)
38. We went ______ the seaside by car.(To)
39. I bought this car ______ Rs. 20/-.(For)
40. He was accused ______ stealing the money.(Of)
41. He stood ______ me in crisis.(By)
42. Do not blame me ______ this.(For)
43. He has promised to look ______ the matter.(Into)
44. He has acceded ______ my request.(To)
45. He told me that he was familiar ______ that subject.(With)
46. Do not cry ______spilt mill.(At)
47. The children have been playing ______ 5O’clock.(Since)
48. Charity begins ______ home.(At)
49. The revolt was put ______ at the right time.(Out)
50. He is a man ______ iron will.(Of)
51. A man ______ need is a friend indeed.(In)
52. Will you take care ______ this packet and keep it ______ you.(Of,with)
53. Is he an authority ______ this subject.(On
54. I prefer foot ball ______ to baseball.(To)
55. The committee was opposed ______ the proposal.(With)
56. He is very much interested ______ world affairs.(In)
57. She is not afraid ______ death.(Of)
58. Wait ______ me ______ the station.(For,at)
59. They went home ______ foot.(On
60. The house, he lives ______ is very old.(In)
61. Smoking is injurious ______ health.(For)
62. He will tell you ______ his result.About)
63. He is trying to change this wood ______ coal.(Into)
64. Take ______ your hat.(Off)
65. Isn’t the road ______ construction.(For)
66. I arrived ______ the station ______ the train had left.(At,after)
67. The shop was ______ fire and the people were crying ______ help.(On,for)
68. What a pity! We don’t adhere ______ our own principles.(To)
69. He stood ______ me.(By)
70. He ran ______ me.(After)
71. She does her work ______ night.(At)
72. There were hills all ______ the way.(Along)
73. I have some pain ______ my chin.(Under)
74. The end is ______ hand.(At)
75. I am tired ______ doing nothing.(Of)
76. He succeeded ______ secuing some votes.(In)
77. That portrait is very much true ______ life.(To)
78. I differ ______ you entirely.(With)
79. I was thinking ______ you.(of)
80. It is of no use ______ me.(To)
81. She was standing ______ the two houses.(Between)
82. A girl ______ blue eyes has just gone ______ the door.(With,off)
83. He complained ______ pain in her back.(of)
84. She is glad ______ my success.(At)
85. Always be good ______ others.(To)
86. They walked ______ the railway line.(Along)
87. Turn left ______ the next intersection.(At)
88. He was wearing a fine shirt ______ his coat.(Underneath)
89. There is a stream ______ the bridge.(Under)
90. He spoke ______ me in English.(To)
91. I have applied ______ the post.(For)
92. He is interested ______ buying my car.(In)
93. He has not replied ______ my letter.(To)
94. He is angry ______ me.(With)
95. Are you sure ______ the facts.(Of)
96. I have great regard ______ my father.(For)
97. The hunt ______ knowledge is a long-life task.(For)
98. He was shot dead ______ his enemy.(By)
99. The house is ______ fire.(On)
100. Please write ______ ink.(With)


Punctuation
1. Androcles who had no arms of any kind now gave himself up for lost what shall I do said he I have no spear or sword no not so much of a stick to defend myself with.
A. Androcles, who had no arms of any kind, now gave himself up for lost. “What shall I do?” aid he, “I have no spear or sword. No, not so much of a stick to defend myself with?”
2. May I ask the name of this building said the president kindly it is called the department of justice.
A. “May I ask the name of this building,” said the president kindly. “It is called the Department of Justice.”
3. Think a hundred times before you take a decision Jinnah told the league at lahore but once the decision is taken stand by it as one man.
A. “Think a hundred times before you take a decision,” Jinnah told the League at Lahore, but once the decision is taken, stand by it as one man.”
4. What a lazy boy you are said the teacher to saleem you never pay attention to your studies I am too weak to pull on with the class replied saleem.
A. “What a lazy boy you are!” said the teacher to Saleem. “You never pay attention to your studies.” I am too weak to pull on with the class replied Saleem.”
5. You say said the judge that the bag you lost contained one hundred and ten pounds yes your honour said the miser then as this bag contains one hundred pounds only it cannot be yours said the judge.
A. “You say,” said the judge, “that the bag you lost contained one hundred and ten pounds.” “Yes, your Honour,” said the miser. “Then, as this bag contains one hundred pounds only, it cannot be yours,” said the judge.
6. Why have you come late he asked don’t you know that the school begins at eight I am very sorry sir replied the body my bus broke down on the way I had to walk more than a mile to reach here.
A. “Why have you come late?” he asked. “Don’t you know that the school beings at eight?” “I am very sorry, sir,” replied the boy. “My bus broke down on the way. I had to walk more than a mole to reach here.”
7. At the end of the play she turned to me and said quite naturally oh did you get my letter didn’t you I said well I got an envelope this morning with a ticket in it.
A. At the end of the play, she turned to me and said quite naturally, “Oh! Did you get my letter, didn’t you?” I said, “Well I got an envelope this morning, with a ticket in it.”
8. Are you aware my dear husband that there is an old arab custom never to break bread in the house of an enemy.
A. “Are you aware, my dear husband, that there is an old Arab custom never to break bread in the house of an enemy?”
9. I shall give her notice as soon as the new year festivities are over said the baroness till then I shall be too busy to manage without her.
A. “I shall give her notice as soon as the New Year festivities are over,” said the Baroness, “till then, I shall be too busy to manage without her.”
10. You are very young my son and games are more suited to your years than battles but you are as strong as an elephant.
A. “You are very young, my son and games are more suited to your years than battles. But you are as strong as an elephant.”


Socializer Widget By Funny And Amazing
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments :

Post a Comment